Merrimac State High School has a proud tradition in the development of fine young Australians who contribute significantly to the local and global community in which we live.
Our school has a commitment to:
- quality design
- quality processes and
- quality outcomes.
Our learning framework reflects our commitment to quality curriculum design through a seamless responsiveness to the needs of our students, community, industry and government.
Quality process and outcomes
As part of the commitment to process and outcomes, we aspire to excellence through a quality learning experience. As such Merrimac State High School’s learning community commits to:
The 3 beliefs upon which our learning framework has been founded are:
- Through engagement we achieve success.
- Through relationships we achieve support.
- Through assessment we achieve celebration.
Our curriculum focus is upon:
- 21st century learning skills
- learning connected to the real world and
- learning opportunities that deliver intellectual challenge.
The learning and learner focus will be upon:
- high expectations
- engaged learning and
- focused teaching.
21st century skills - skills, attitudes and abilities
- Proficient in the use of technology
- Communicate information and ideas using a variety of media and formats
- Access, exchange, compile, organize, analyse and synthesize information
- Conclusions and generalizations based on information gathered
- Know content and be able to locate additional information as needed
- Evaluate information and sources
- Construct, produce and publish models, content and other creative works
- Become self-directed learners
- Collaborate and operate in team efforts
- Solve problems and make informed decisions
- Interact with others in an ethical and appropriate way.