Save the Date 2024 Round 2 Now Open:
Step 1 - Complete the following applications
- 2024 Expression of Interest to Enrol Form
- 2024 Selective Entry Application Form (if applying for a Summit program)
- 2024 Excellence Contract of Acceptance Form (if applying for a Summit Program)
Please ensure you scan and email all mentioned supporting documents on the expression of interest form. If in-catchment you must provide proof of residential documents.
- Families applying for STEAM and Music summit will require a video audition. A link will be sent to you by email once you have completed Step 1 and emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families applying for Sport, Dance, Triple Threat will be sent an invitation to trial/audition once you have completed Step 1 and emailed back to email@example.com
- Families applying for Academic summit will be sent an invitation for the academic test once you have completed Step 1 and emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selective Entry Summit Save the Date Round 1:
- Open Evening at Merrimac State High 13 February 2023
- Selective Entry Round 2 Applications Close 09 August 2023
- Summit Video Due (Music & STEAM) 21 August 2023
- Dance and Triple Threat Auditions 21 August 2023
- Sport Summit Trials 3.30pm & 4.30pm Sessions 21 August 2023
- Basketball, AFL, Netball, Rugby Trials incorporated in Sports Summit Trials
- Academic Entry Exam 23 August 2023
- Offers for Summit Excellence Second Round 13 September 2023
- All in-catchment & sibling Enrolment Applications due 23 June 2023
- Enrolment Interviews – First Round 28-29 August 2023
- Enrolment Interviews - Second Round 20 November 2023
- Transition Day 30 November 2023
Our Selective Entry Program for 2024 gives Merrimac State High School the opportunity to select students from both within and outside our boundary to participate in our high performance programs. Places are limited, consequently only students with passion, commitment and high levels of performance are selected.
The Summit program seeks to meet the needs of naturally gifted or exceptional students. This program provides accelerated and specialised programs for students seeking to enhance their already advanced natural abilities in areas of interest. Three Summit programs are offered: STEAM Academy, Academic Summit, Dance Summit, Music Summit and Sport Summit.
Video Auditions are required for:
- Music Summit
- STEAM Summit
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Offers of placements for Round 1 will be notified on 29 March 2023
FEES & REVIEW PROCESS- Upon acceptance in a program, an annual fee is payable in addition to the student resource scheme every year that the student is part of the program. The fee for 2024 is $100 per program. Program fees must be paid prior to the commencement of the school year. If the fees are not paid by the due date, it will be concluded that the student no longer wishes to participate in the program. Students participating in the Selective Entry Program will be reassessed at the conclusion of each reporting cycle until the end of Year 9 by the Summit Management Board. This review process is to ensure students are meeting the expectations of the program, and to provide additional support for students in order to help them achieve success. Should the student not maintain the standards of the program, they may be at risk of leaving the program and their entrance fees forfeited.