This service is provided to students in maximizing their potential and to address their concerns with care and dignity.
The Guidance Officer (GO) has a range of counselling experience inclusive of:
- family break-up and divorce
- friendship concerns
- medically oriented behaviour concerns
- self esteem
- victim behaviour
- time management
- interpersonal conflict management.
Helpful sites for young people
- Inviting special guest speakers to enlighten students about the careers market
- Working with class groups regarding their future options and assessment processes in senior school
- Individual counselling for students with regard to their specific subject selections
- Providing students with current career/course information
- Offering personality and interest based career computer programs
- Providing a post secondary application service (QTAC) for tertiary and TAFE
- Making informed career choices (PDF, 555KB)
- Assisting new students with appropriate placement
- Assessing students to determine their level of educational needs
- Providing support for students with special needs
- Liaising with Administration and other appropriate personnel to meet the individual educational requirements of students
Students make GO appointments through the Student Hub. Parents are welcome to contact the GO regarding career or personal counselling for students. These appointments can be made via our Administration office.